Fluffy Pineapple Key-Chain Tutorial
Have you heard the Pineapple Pen song? My son and the kids in his class are OBSESSED with it! Ever since they saw it on YouTube, he’s been obsessed with all things pineapple related! While “researching” on Pinterest Pineapple crafts, I came across a fluffy key-chain and thought “I could make that!” So I did and I’m going to share with you how, in case you have a pineapple obsessed preteen too! 😉
This is a teen friendly craft so get those kiddos involved too! Here is what you will need!
- 4 in by 8 in piece of faux fur
- 5 in square piece of vinyl
- 2 inch string or yarn
- Glue and glue gun
- Small amount of poly stuffing
- Pineapple Leaf Pattern
- Pre-made key-chain
- Print out your Pineapple leaf shapes and cut them out of the vinyl. Make sure you flip the pattern piece when you are cutting so that the pieces will fit together properly when place wrong side together!
- Take your 2 in piece of string and fold it in half. Glue the ends together at the middle where the top two leaves meet. Place the other half wrong side together and glue that baby down. Be generous with your glue so there’s no gaps!
- Cut your piece of faux fur into 2 circles that are 3 inches across. My fur is neon yellow so it was a nightmare to photograph 😉
- Place the circles fur sides together and glue around leaving a small 1.5 inch opening at the top.
- Turn your fur circles so they are right side out and lightly stuff so pineapple is full but not stiff.
- Slide the leaf piece into the opening and glue it in place. Make sure you tuck the raw edges in and glue both sides of the leaf in place! If you use a shiny vinyl like my glitter vinyl, use a LOT of glue or it will just peel off!
- Open up the jump ring to attach the Key-chain to your pineapple. Make sure you twist the edges apart so it will go smoother!
You are done!
Step back and enjoy your new fluffy pineapple key-chain! This little guy makes an excellent addition to backpacks, bags and more! Plus you could have fun and make pineapples in any colour of the rainbow!
I know my guy is so pumped to add his key-chain to his backpack and share it with his friends! I also made this awesome Fluffy Flamingo too! You can get the steps to make him over on Craft Box Girls if you are itching for even more creating!
Ready to start making these fluffy little key-chains? I know I can’t wait to make even more and hang them off of everything! If you make one, let me know in the comments or tag me in your creations on Instagram @lilbirdsdesign!
Comments are closed.