Sometimes I don’t get along with my sewing machine and sometimes it’s my best friend! In the past few weeks I have been sewing like a mad woman and this sewing machine and I have had some moments of disagreement. I thought I would share with you some of the things that I have fought with over!
Things My Sewing Machine Hates to Love:
1. It hates thin fabric no matter what I do… 3 needles, broken needles that is, the last time I was sewing something thin!
2. It loves an empty bobbin and will continue sewing like nothing is wrong before I get to notice! This usually means a good 6 inches and usually along a curve!
3. Super thick fabric… He’s picky, don’t make him do too much 😉 If you’ve ever broken a Denim needle you will know it’s hard to do but I have had it happen!
4. It hates being dirty and will make horrible grouchy noises if I don’t clean it enough and then it sends the tension in a tizzy!
5. Speaking of tension, don’t change it… Like ever or it will take you forever to get it back to normal… And forget about gathering or ruffling 😉 that’s gotta be done by hand!
6. Circles… This might be more me than it but straight lines are more it’s thing!
Even though it gives me a hard time he is faithful and has given me so much joy in creating hundreds if not thousands of items in the 5+ years I’ve had it! It never breaks down and it’s usually a quick fix if something goes wrong. I’ll never replace this guy until it breaks down for good and it will always be my main “Brother”!
Do you have a crafty item that you can’t live without but drives you nuts at times?